Main Page Namespace List Class Hierarchy Alphabetical List Compound List File List Compound Members File Members Related Pages
- SOAP bridge. For the remainder of this specification it will be understood that a SOAP bridge actually refers to an implementation of a SOAP request/response to CORBA request/response translation mechanism.
- SOAP bridge application. An application which accesses CORBA servers by issuing SOAP requests to the SOAP bridge.
- Context manager. Within this module specification the term Context manager refers to a retention and garbage collection mechanism required to supplement the functionality offered by SOAP on behave of the SOAP bridge. Note that SOAP does not for instance specifies a garbage collection mechanism.
- Object reference. Any reference to an actual CORBA object (i.e. server). One function of the Context manager is to hide the actual CORBA object references from the SOAP bridge applications due to security considerations.
- Stored object reference. An Object reference which has been stored and converted to a non-informative entity by the Context manager. Although these are defined as strings they need not be interpretable by any other means than through the Context manager itself. To facilitate the usage of stored object references the Context manager must be able to infer the corresponding context from a supplied Stored object reference.
- Type conversion. Refers to the process of doing special interpretation of values. See Parameter passing, handling and type conversions. and SOAPBridge::TypeConversions.
This documentation is part of the "SOAP to CORBA bridge" project
Copyright © 2000 by Lifeline Networks bv.
All rights are reserved.